“The world of the Pachakuti Mesa Carrier is not a world to know, to study, grasp or gain insight into, but a world to live in, to participate in, to be part of, to collectively fashion, make, enhance, and co-create.” ~ don Oscar Miro-Quesada
A mesa is a living system of medicine work. It is the very heart of Peruvian Curanderismo. There are many different kinds of Mesas. As taught by don Oscar Miro-Quesada, the Mesa is a kind of altar and sacred medicine ground. The Pachakuti Mesa is a synthesis of Peruvian shamanic coastal traditions combined with southeastern Andean Paqokuna practices. As you progress through an apprenticeship and a series of initiations, you become a Mesa carrier. Your own Mesa will organically grow and evolve, reflecting your personal development as a practitioner of shamanic healing service.
There are several ways to become a mesa carrier
- Educate yourself with the Basic Practices information found on The Heart of the Healer website.
- Take an Introduction to the Pachakuti Mesa workshop with Yola.
- Organize an introductory workshop at your home and invite your friends and acquaintances. Contact Yola for details.
- Learn how to create your mesa in a Private Session with Yola.
- Enrol in the 7 week class taught by don Oscar Miro-Quesada and hosted by the Shift Network.
- Partake in the five part in-person Apprenticeship Series taught by Yola.
Mesa Evolution Video
This video is a photo diary taken during the 2014 Universal Shaman Advanced Intensive with don Oscar Miro-Quesada via the Shift Network. I was enthralled by the beauty that kept unfolding before me. What looked stagnant from the perspective of the moment, became an unfolding evolutionary story. May this visual story inspire you to create your own mesa.