The Pachakuti Mesa – An Introduction to the Pachakuti Mesa
“The world of the Pachakuti Mesa Carrier is not a world to know, to study, grasp or gain insight into, but a world to live in, to participate in, to be part of, to collectively fashion, make, enhance, and co-create.” ~ don Oscar Miro-Quesada
A mesa is a living system of medicine work. It is the very heart of Peruvian Curanderismo. There are many different kinds of Mesas. As taught by don Oscar Miro-Quesada, the Mesa is a kind of altar and sacred medicine ground. The Pachakuti Mesa is a synthesis of Peruvian shamanic coastal traditions combined with southeastern Andean Paqokuna practices. As you progress through an apprenticeship and a series of initiations, you become a Mesa carrier. Your own Mesa will organically grow and evolve, reflecting your personal development as a practitioner of shamanic healing service.
This experiential class is an introduction to the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition of Universal Shamanism and is open to all who wish to restore sacred relationship with themselves, the natural world, and all our relations.
In this class you will:
- Be introduced to the lineage and wisdom of the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition
- Learn the Art of Consecration of a sacred space.
- Create your personal mesa (altar).
- Develop an intimate and empowering relationship with your sacred objects.
- Connect with like-hearted others in your community.
- Be given the tools and guidance to make your mesa practice an integral part of your life.
What to Bring (for your mesa):
- 24″ x 24″ manta (square cloth) which will serve as the foundation to your mesa
- Bone of the Mother (stone, rock, crystal) for the South
- Shell for the West
- Feather for the North
- White candle (with holder) for the East
- Your most cherished (sacrosanct) medicine piece for the Centre.
What to Bring (for class):
- Chairs and some cushions are provided but if you have a favourite cushion please bring it.
- Water bottle.
- Pen and Notebook.
- Musical sound makers (rattle, drum, bell, voice…)
Logistics & Registration
- Duration: 2 hours.
- Location: Yola’s Studio, or at a sponsor’s preferred location.
- Cost: $40. Payable by e-transfer, cash, cheque, and PayPal (use button below).
- Deposit: $20 will reserve your place.
- To Register or sponsor a workshop: Contact Yola by phone: 613-291-0315 or email: email@example.com
After you register you will receive more details about the workshop including how to prepare, what to bring, directions, and parking.
Register for this workshop via PayPal:
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- A full refund (less $10 admin fee) up to 15 days before the workshop begins.
- 50% of the workshop fee up to 7 days before the start date.
- There are no refunds within a week of the workshop start date.
In the event that the workshop is cancelled or rescheduled, all monies paid will be refunded. You can also choose to apply your fee to other workshops or services.
Mesa Evolution Video
This video is a photo diary taken during the 2014 Universal Shaman Advanced Intensive with don Oscar Miro-Quesada via the Shift Network. I was enthralled by the beauty that kept unfolding before me. What looked stagnant from the perspective of the moment, became an unfolding evolutionary tale. May this visual story inspire you to create your own mesa.
Yola Dunne is a dedicated Pachakuti Mesa Carrier who embodies the lineage of this Peruvian tradition. She has depth, clarity and a true gift for communicating with the unseen realms. Both in ceremony and in teaching, Yola taps into the living essence of what it means to be of service to our planet at this time.